For Spring 2018, we'll be rehearsing and performing Dan Forrest's "Requiem for the Living," Elgar's "Nimrod from Enigma Variations," and Beethoven's "Elegische Gesang."
This is Dan Forrest's recommended listening on youtube
This recording is also available on iTunes:
Here is Matthew's recommended listening for the Elgar:
Here is Matthew's recommended listening for the Beethoven:
See our calendar for upcoming dates, which will be entered here first as we fill our calendar:
Other links which may prove useful from time to time are listed below...
1. Here is a link to Cyberbass, which allows you to hear and practice your part for many major works:
2. To help you practice without a piano at home: There are a number of free piano 'keyboards' available as applications for your phone or computer. One of them is called Tiny Piano - link to that application is here:
3. Here is a link to wiki site for musical symbols:
4. Here is a link to wiki site for Italian musical terms:
5. Here is a link to Sommerdiction, which allows you to hear and practice lyric German pronunciation (not relevant to Rossini, but may be useful for other music):